AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Splitting campaigns impacted conversion rate?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently split 1 huge campaign, in to three parts, based on geographic locations. It will ultimately give me greater control.

The main campaign was flawless, so I expected the new campaigns to perform a little worse; higher CPC, lower QS etc.

However, they've performed equally as good and within 48 hours, had updated QS to 8-10. Wonderful?!

Well, not quite! The one thing I didn't think would be affected, has been. That's conversion rate. Conversion rate was at a steady and high 30%, but since splitting the campaigns, the conversion rate is 15%. The number of clicks is the same, the only statistic that has been effected is the conversion rate.

Freakish coincidence or could there be something I'm missing?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Splitting campaigns impacted conversion rate?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi GG,

Have you checked the average positions of ads...(earlier and now) ?
Were you using any location bid adjustment in your previous campaign?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit, yes, the average positions on all 3 campaigns is 1.2.

The CTR is around 8% and the Adgroups of each campaign seem to be getting around the same split of traffic.

I am still looking deeper in to the analytics to see whether there's something else I might have missed. Like the people in one geographic area are using mobile a lot more etc. I am sure there will be some logical answer to this, it's just a case of digging.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
sure. Even location and device bid adjustment can be used to be on top.
But also have a check that the average position of ads was the same in previous campaign as top position is not always converting, you can not ignore the 4th position i.e the 1st position of right side ads.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’