AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Split testing match type

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a stack of broad match kw's that perform ok, but I want to experiment with changing their match types to see if I can get a better ROI.

What is the best way to go about this?

I'm being cautious - as the kw's are very important to me, I currently make a satisfactory ROI on them.  I want to preserve the original kw's so if the new match types don't turn out to be better, I can easily revert and still achieve the original performance.

Any suggestions / advice / tips on potential pit falls etc will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adam C
September 2015

Re: Split testing match type

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If this is an important KW - I would test the  performance of a different match type using a professional tool: Adwords campaign experiments;

Caution: closely follow the instructions, and run a "beta" test  using a different keyword (less significant), before the testing the keyword in question..

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adam C
September 2015

Re: Split testing match type

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If this is an important KW - I would test the  performance of a different match type using a professional tool: Adwords campaign experiments;

Caution: closely follow the instructions, and run a "beta" test  using a different keyword (less significant), before the testing the keyword in question..

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’