AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Split Testing Re-targeting Frequency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have set up two remarketing buckets (A and B). 

Will setting up two campaigns (one for bucket A, and another for Bucket B) with different frequency caps be a reliable way to test?

What are some limitations I should be aware of?

For example:

1) If John get's placed into bucket B, then deletes his cookies and comes back to the site he could be placed into bucket A.

2) If John visits our site on mobile, he could be placed into bucket A. He then later returns to make a purchase from his desktop but was placed into bucket B.

Thanks for the help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Split Testing Re-targeting Frequency

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
Any statistical test you run / any hypothesis tested, assumes a "random reasonable user" who visits the site and behaves like any other "reasonable" user. This is fundamental in statistical sampling. So, if there are "smart users" , deleting / not allowing cookies their behavior would be taken into account within the statistical error;
So, I would recommend to consult with a statistician to find / determine the proper size of the remarketing list, to minimize the "margin of error"

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’