Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Split Test Destination URL's?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi is it possibple to split test destiniation urls in Adwords if so How? I am currently running exact match keywords on search network to a specifc page on my site but the bounce rate is really bad and I can't understand why! (in theory everyting is best practice - ad, keyword, landing page)  I would like to test my landing page with my homepage to see if the results improve.

Thanks a mill Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Split Test Destination URL's?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi GlenBob;

Yes. It is possible to test different landing page content.

However the A/B testing (as it's commonly known) was moved from AdWords to Analytics.

Read further on the technical settings:

Move from Website Optimizer to Content Experiments

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Moshe I am familair with GA Experiments but I don't think this would work in this case. I want to test an internal web page v's my homepage for Adwords only. GA experiment would affect all site traffic not just PPC. (I think this would work if I was testing 2 internal pages of similar content).

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Hamm...

With the AdWords experiments, I don't think it is not possible to set a test. (The benefit of the AdWords experiments is that you get a statistical sampling, and the results can be considered statistically significant.)

You'll have to set the experiment yourself, directing some of the traffic to the homepage, and part of the traffic to the internal page. You should consult an engineer or a statistician, to set a statistical testing with the proper sampling.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the info and useful links Moshe Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Google experts!

I have a question regarding A/B testing. I need to test a desitnation URL for the keywords in Google Adwords. I have tried out this option called experiment. So I have taken 1 adgroup, duplicated keywords in the Editor. Half of them, I marked as Control, another half as Experiment (in those I have changed destination URLs). But Editor wouldnt allow me to post them as they are dupplicated and marked as red. Do you have any idea of how to deal with it? Have I chosen the right approach?

Thanks a lot!