Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Specific ads triggered by specific keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have an adgroup called "things" with the keywords [blue thing] and [red thing].

The amount of traffic to each of these terms doesn't justify creating separate adgroups.

I have 2 ads in the group, one with the title "The best blue things" and one with the title "The best red things".

2 questions:

1) Will AdWords automatically prioritize the "blue" ad for the "blue" search query, and the "red" ad for the "red" search query?

2) If n.1 is true, is it possible to see which ads were triggered the most by a specific keywords, and \ or which ads, or which keywords were triggered the most by a specific ad?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simone F
December 2015

Re: Specific ads triggered by specific keywords

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
For the first question the answer is no.
Depending on "Ad rotation" settings ads can be shown evenly or be optimized for conversions or clicks.
Check campaign settings > Advanced settings > Ad delivery: Ad rotation, frequency capping

But you can still check which ads were triggered by a specific keywords by using Keyword / Placement segment on "Ads" tab.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, i'm so happy to discover the keyword / placement feature.... if only I had known about it a few months ago!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Simone F,

You might want to reconsider your account organization and create separate ad groups for red and blue. Someone searching for red shown an ad for blue will respond at a much lower rate than it you show an ad for red. That only works if a color is specified in the search query. That means you might also want an ad group for no color or either color.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords