AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Spec confusion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. I am currently making a series of animated .Gif ads for a client who wants to use the Google Ad Display Network to advertise her store.I have come across several different pages that display different sets of specs, and am very confused on which one is current and up to date.

The major one I am confused about is if each ad has to be played at 5 frames per second. Is this currently the standard? Other pages I have seen it say 24fps. Can someone please clarify, because I can't imagine how any Gif can look nice at 5fps.

Thank you kindly. 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Spec confusion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there ; 

Don't be confused between animated ads and Flash ads 

•  "Animated GIF ads must be 5 fps or slower".
  • "Flash ads must be 24 fps or slower"

Here you are the full list of specs, for all available formats on the display network. (non-animated images, animated, flash and HTML5)
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Matthew,

To add to what Moshe has mentioned here. I would like to add that Animated ads are restricted to a maximum of 30 seconds, after which point they must remain static ; Animated GIF ads must have Frame rate: 5 ps; and flash ads should have Frame rate: less than 20 fps. AdWords currently supports only Adobe Flash Player versions 4 through 10.1. If your ad uses any other version (such as 10.2), it cannot be uploaded.

Also, All animated ads must be submitted in the full standard format sizes for review
& Image ads must be 150K or smaller for both Flash and GIF.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello

Can I have an example of an Animated Gif Ad that supports 5FPs?

Thank you

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.