Guide Me
star_border

Someone Click Multiple times on my Ads within short period

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I notice someone had clicked my Ads repeatedly 7,8 time. Wich occurred for one keyword in a one Ad group. Keywords are very long ones with little variations. It quite evident this is done by one person. This ad group is less priority one which generate few queries and clicks. Even in keyword research tool it has 10-20 monthly volume.

What to do ?

Please help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

AdWords has sophisticated ad click quality system, where they keep on checking the unsual activity from time to time. Also, most of the times the balance is credited back to the advertiser's account on finding the invalid click activity. 

If you have some third party system to track the IP address, you can review those logs and can add IP address exclusion if you want.

You could also use this troubleshooter for more insights:- https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2557048?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @pankaj1782

Thanks for kind help.

Can IP address exclusion prevent this, because users

can change IP from time to time?

How much time they take to credit back?

Because of these 8,9 sudden clicks my daily budget for this campaign have reach the limit. Now other priority Ad groups are not displaying.

This might be some activity by another Advertiser bidding for same keywords, they just click me to daily limit and stop ads appearing, then only their Ads will show up.

How can I report this to Google?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes, the IP address exclusion can prevent the ads from displaying if someone is intentionally doing this. You can try that and monitor your traffic.

The amount is only credited back in case of invalid click activity. 

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you monitor the traffic by IP address?

I work for a b2b company that recieves many invalid clicks everyday from competitors.

How do I run a report to see that information?

Thanks in advance for your help.