2.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Some questions about RLSAs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have some questions about RLSAs, should I create a new campaign to start my RLSAs? How to avoid the competition between RLSAs and standard campaigns? Do I add my RLSAs in the existed ad group? Is that means this AD campaign RLSAs?

I have add a new campaign as RLSAs, my colleague tell me that choose some keywords which are nice performance of CTR, conversions or ROI, and duplicate to the RLSAs, and choose remarketing audience according to the tag. But this group just get few impression, and less click, and very low position. What should I do?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Sumanth Sridhar (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Some questions about RLSAs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Tong Ling Hu.

Here are some strategies to use with RLSA.

a) Create a different ad group (or campaign) if need be and only target your remarketing list in it, and target keywords that you don't target in your regular campaigns. For instance, you target blue widgets and red widgets in your regular campaign, but decide to target widgets (more general term) if someone's on your RLSA list. There is no overlap. If someone's not on your RLSA list, they only see regular ads. If they're on the list, they also see ads for widgets.

b) Target the same set of keywords and use the same ads for everybody, be it on the RLSA list or not, but bid higher if they're on the list. You do this by adding your audience to the regular campaign and using a bid modifier. If someone's not on the list, the system uses the regular bid. If they are on the list, it uses the (presumably) higher bid (regular bid x modifier). Make sure to use the "bid only" targeting setting, so your ads show for regular searchers as well. If you target and bid, regular searchers won't see your ads.

c) target the same set of keywords, but use different ads and bids for your RLSA audience. You can achieve this by duplicating your existing ad group or campaign, using different bids and ads for RLSA and making sure that you target and bid for RLSA in the RLSA ad group / campaign AND exclude the RLSA audience in the regular campaign (so you can achieve the desired separation and avoid having the more established ad/keywords pairs show for your RLSA audience because of a presumably history-boosted higher ad rank).

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Sumanth Sridhar (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Tong Ling Hu.

Here are some strategies to use with RLSA.

a) Create a different ad group (or campaign) if need be and only target your remarketing list in it, and target keywords that you don't target in your regular campaigns. For instance, you target blue widgets and red widgets in your regular campaign, but decide to target widgets (more general term) if someone's on your RLSA list. There is no overlap. If someone's not on your RLSA list, they only see regular ads. If they're on the list, they also see ads for widgets.

b) Target the same set of keywords and use the same ads for everybody, be it on the RLSA list or not, but bid higher if they're on the list. You do this by adding your audience to the regular campaign and using a bid modifier. If someone's not on the list, the system uses the regular bid. If they are on the list, it uses the (presumably) higher bid (regular bid x modifier). Make sure to use the "bid only" targeting setting, so your ads show for regular searchers as well. If you target and bid, regular searchers won't see your ads.

c) target the same set of keywords, but use different ads and bids for your RLSA audience. You can achieve this by duplicating your existing ad group or campaign, using different bids and ads for RLSA and making sure that you target and bid for RLSA in the RLSA ad group / campaign AND exclude the RLSA audience in the regular campaign (so you can achieve the desired separation and avoid having the more established ad/keywords pairs show for your RLSA audience because of a presumably history-boosted higher ad rank).

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

New Campaign: Yes, if you have a separate budget

How to avoid competition: I'd suggest excluding the audience list in primary ad groups.

Low performance: Have you checked the list size? Your target audience would increase as users get captures in the list. You can wait to see an increase in impressions. One suggestion would be to bid up, to get a better position.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, AdWiser! ; )
What's the different between only bid and target and bid? If I add a new group, adding generic keywords(which is not added in regular groups), should I choose target and bid?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Sumanth Sridhar.

How to avoid competition: I'd suggest excluding the audience list in primary ad groups.
=========================================================================
How to I get this list of audience?

Bid up, it's a good idea!

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Its the same audience list you'd be adding in the remarketing ad group. If you exclude it in the primary ad group (keywords only ad group), it would keep them separate.
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
the negative audience? Set negative audience in the regular group?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Target and bid = ads only show for people in the audience list
Bid only = show for everybody, use audience bid if the searcher is part of the audience

You're welcome.

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Actually, please ignore the exclusion part. I'd go with Calin's suggestions, as they take care of the competition part as well Smiley Happy
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
anyway thank you, and Calin!~