AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Some of my Adwords campaign's budget are not consumed completely

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Some of my campaigns only consume one third of their budget, why is that?

I have also copied one campaign for testing purposes and added sitelinks to it, the copied campaign's budget is consumed completely and the original one is not, should I consider the copied one as performing  better than the original one, given that the the copied one clicks and conversions are higher although its CTR and click conversion rate is lower?

If there's anything unclear please let me know.

Re: Some of my Adwords campaign's budget are not consumed comp

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rana,

Sometimes if the keyword volume is low, bids aren't high enough or targeting is too narrow, campaign budgets aren't fully consumed.

May I ask about your duplicate campaign? Is it targeting the same location? If so, it is likely cannibalizing search volume from you initial campaign. Sitelinks are a ranking factor, so it would make sense that the campaign with sitelinks is winning more auctions.

It isn't good to have duplicate keywords, so if they are targeting the same area, you should consider pausing one and raising the budget of the other.

If they are targeting different areas, you should consider adding site links to the first campaign, as well. You can also add keywords, try additional match typed and boost bids for starters. This should help you to get more volume.

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Should I be worried if a campaign is not consuming all its budget?

As for the duplicate campaign, I already paused the under performing one (the one with no site links) but is it ok to consider it under performing when it's getting higher CTR and click conversion rate?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Generally, I would call the high CTR, high CVR campaign the better performer but it really depends on how different the conversion volume was. Were they targeting the same place? Any other differences in the campaign besides site links?

I'm wondering if you could scale up the campaign that is now paused...

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
But no, to answer your question, you don't typically need to worry about a campaign when it doesn't spend its budget - you just need to look for growth opportunities.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes they are targeting the same locations, the only difference is the site links however the difference in conversions is huge. Basically, the original one got 33 conversions while the copied one (with site links) got 328 conversions because the original one only consumed a fraction of the budget.

So facts are:
Original ad:
33 conversions
Only consumed a fraction of the budget
lower CTR
higher click conversion rate
Better position
Lower cost per converted click

On the other hand, the copied ad with site links:
238 conversions
consumed all of its budget
higher CTR
lower click conversion rate
lower position
higher cost per converted click

so which one I should keep?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
I would keep the higher volume one, as you have. For whatever reason some of your keywords were mapping to the other campaign but now that it is paused, you should be getting that little bot of incremental traffic through your new campaign.

I would just doublecheck to be sure that the keywords that performed well in the paused campaign are performing well in your new campaign, as well.

That's a big difference in volume. I wouldn't worry about the difference in CTR and CVR, sometimes that happens with scale. Just make sure you are always adding negatives to weed out irrelevant traffic. If you have the resources to do landing page optimization, that can help tremendously with CVR over time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot for your answers, they were really beneficial.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Happy to help!