Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Social extensions will no longer be displayed with ads

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What are experts thoughts on Social Extensions being pulled out, as of the 10th of December?

Does anyone have a good case-study that this extension worked well in the past?

Thanks

Jose

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jose Online
December 2015

Re: Social extensions will no longer be displayed with ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jose Online,

Let me first confirm that AdWords Social Extensions will no longer be available after tomorrow i.e. December 10th, 2015.  - Source

To your next question, yes there have been several success case studies since it was launched. You can read some of them here -

Though social extensions are retired, you can still promote your Google Plus page and create engagement for your brand using AdWords. You can showcase your Google Plus page using Sitelink Extensions. 

About my personal comment on this move, it's neutral. Social extensions are not available, but still there are ways for brands who want exposure to their Google Plus page. And then there are many methods for brands to boast their customer engagements, some of the examples are - callout and review/rating extensions.

Google engineers are always engaged in bringing innovative solutions. One thing gone, no remorse, several others come and in the making as well. Smiley Happy

Thanks
Ratan Jha