AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

So Dissapointed with Customer Service Call + Questions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, just got off a long phone call with Google reps. Why does Google not have text chat support?! So, according to this Google rep, there are 3 ad slots at the top of the page and 11 at the bottom? Am I missing something here? So, my question is this.... I picked a keyword that, according to the keyword tool required about 60 cents a click and had LOW competition. When I search that keyword myself, I only see one ad come up. In campaign manager, it first told me that the auto CPC was going to be $5.00. Then, when I changed it to manual and set it at $1.00, it said that it wasn't high enough to be a first page bid.... THERE IS ONLY ONE AD SHOWING!??! How can I not get on the first page if there is only one ad showing? I could understand if there was a lot of competition, but there is essentially zero competition here??!?! What's up? C

Re: So Dissapointed with Customer Service Call + Questions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
First 60 cents could be the initial bid around the board. But when AdWords takes in your quality score, you might have to pay more since your landing page in not as good as your competition. Hence why the price is being driven up to take out the first spot. Many times when you first start off in AdWords, you will pay more upfront and it will help down the road.

Why there is only one slot? You need to remember that Google is still a search engine and wants to make sure they do not overload consumers with Ads. If your keyword is more informational based and does not have a lot of competition, Google will most likely limit how many advertisements they show compared to organic search results.