5.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Slow Sales. Need help turning ROI on Ad Words

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Need some help.  I am a Marketing/Sales guy trying to manage our ecommerce site.  I used Go Daddy to build a site because I could do it myself.  I have Webmaster Tools, Analytics, Merchant and Ad Words Accounts all set up (not sure what I am looking at most of the time).  I am investing $300/week on 2 specific product areas that are higher margin/higher volume for our business.  I am budgeting 10% of future sales weekly on Ad Words ($300/week in Ad Words = $3,000 in gross sales weekly).

I am having issues associating my conversions (basically, no conversion data).  I have worked with the Go Daddy people - they say it is setup properly and talked to the Conversion Team at Google - they said it is good to go - no data.  Please take a look at my site and any help would be appreciated. (more detail and background can be provided - just wanted to start the ball rolling).

www.cardinalbagsupplies.com

Shopping cart: www.shopcardinabagsupplies.com

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Slow Sales. Need help turning ROI on Ad Words

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
What's the url of the page that has the conversion code?

Also, have you tried to setup "goals" in Analytics to see if that will collect data correctly?

Re: Slow Sales. Need help turning ROI on Ad Words

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Goetzke P, welcome to the Community.

I have to say my primary advice is that you stop spending money on advertising immediately and don't spend another penny until you have your tracking issues resolved.  Tracking sales (conversions) is vital to running an effective advertising campaign and as long as you have no proper data you're throwing money into the wind with no idea if it's effective or not.

If you have $300 per week to spend on advertising, I'd recommend that you don't advertise for a few weeks and use the money instead to hire a professional web consultant who'll ensure your conversion tracking is working correctly.  The money you spend on this person will be more than repaid in your ability to track success properly.

Whether you spend $30 a week, $300 or $30,000, the first thing you must do is ensure you are able to measure performance.  Everything else comes later.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits