Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Skags versus Ad Groups

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anyone tried the ad groups vs skags? I have seen articles for both sides of it, but would like to hear ones input other than an article.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Skags versus Ad Groups

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Sandra G

This is one of those things where it's going to be dependent upon the situation. If you can't give a good reason for doing it in your situation, you probably shouldn't.  

I think more times than not people who do this are just creating more work for themselves.

I keep my ad groups tightly themed and each generally contain 5-10 keywords. I've had situations where I've started with one BMM keyword, and then developed more over time.

Skags versus Ad Groups

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Sandra,

There are many opinions on this. For me, I stick to the fundamental reason ad groups exist - groups of ads that suit all the keywords they are attached to.

If you are going to use the same ad copy in each SKAG, you'll just dilute data and increase your optimisation workload.

If you give each SKAG their own ad copy, then you will potentially increase CTR and lower costs. 

Skags versus Ad Groups

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It couldn't be said better...

>>"I think more times than not people who do this are just creating more work for themselves."

>>"If you are going to use the same ad copy in each SKAG, you'll just dilute data and increase your optimisation workload"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’