AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Sitelinks vs Address Extension

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey guys,

I have a local business. Wondering if anyone has some general wisdom on sitelinks vs location extension...

Right now I am using sitelinks but I like the idea of address extension because I think it fits the 'local' profile more (and I especially like the phone number displayed). But to be honest, most of my business is done online from home. My Google Places address is a home office and I don't really want to encourage customers to look/visit the address because it doesn't look like it's downtown/in the business district etc..

And I don't want to change the address because I have a lot of citations to rank high on local organic results.

Thoughts?

Re: Sitelinks vs Address Extension

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Birchlore,

Probably best not to use address extensions if you have a physical address, BUT don't want people visiting your home/office. I noticed that you mentioned that you like the phone number displayed. Do you know that you can add a call extension to your add without an address?

Call extensions are especially useful if you are targeting local clients and have a local phone number.

Here is a link with a little more information on how to set this up. I hope this is helpful and you see some great results from adding the phone extension to your Adwords campaign. 

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en - Call extensions

Best,

Stefan Martinez

Best,

Stefan Martinez
-- Not an AdWords expert, just a student eager to learn more...

Re: Sitelinks vs Address Extension

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I have call extensions set up, but isn't it just for mobile?