Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Sitelinks vs Address Extension

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey guys,

I have a local business. Wondering if anyone has some general wisdom on sitelinks vs location extension...

Right now I am using sitelinks but I like the idea of address extension because I think it fits the 'local' profile more (and I especially like the phone number displayed). But to be honest, most of my business is done online from home. My Google Places address is a home office and I don't really want to encourage customers to look/visit the address because it doesn't look like it's downtown/in the business district etc..

And I don't want to change the address because I have a lot of citations to rank high on local organic results.

Thoughts?

Re: Sitelinks vs Address Extension

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Birchlore,

Probably best not to use address extensions if you have a physical address, BUT don't want people visiting your home/office. I noticed that you mentioned that you like the phone number displayed. Do you know that you can add a call extension to your add without an address?

Call extensions are especially useful if you are targeting local clients and have a local phone number.

Here is a link with a little more information on how to set this up. I hope this is helpful and you see some great results from adding the phone extension to your Adwords campaign. 

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en - Call extensions

Best,

Stefan Martinez

Best,

Stefan Martinez
-- Not an AdWords expert, just a student eager to learn more...

Re: Sitelinks vs Address Extension

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I have call extensions set up, but isn't it just for mobile?