AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Sitelink extension

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

What can be the best strategy to get maximum results from Sitelink extension? I am using Sitelink extension to target another landing page on my website. 

Re: Sitelink extension

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Kapil,

As you said what would be best strategy for Sitelinks extension, for that you should target other relevant pages of your website, plus add some description in Sitelinks so that user would get to know about your other products or services.

Also, make sure that your Sitelinks are relevant to the Ads. i.e. - If you are advertiser who sells Men's Clothes & Women Clothes and You have different Campaigns for Both. So, it would be better you use sitelinks like Men T- Shirts, Men- Shoes & etc. in the Campaign Named Men and for Campaign Women You use sitelinks like "Women- Tops" & etc. your sitelinks should be relevant to your ads.

Keep in my mind that your sitelinks will be shown to users when your ad is displayed in top 3 Google search results.

In addition to that I would recommend using call extensions & Location extensions, because to show call extensions your ad need not be necessary shown in top 3 Google search page results.

Cheers,
Rupesh

Re: Sitelink extension

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kapil,
To add to Rupesh's great answer I've seen best results for Sitelinks when they're shorter vs longer - so test Sitelink text that is short (~10-15 characters).
When selecting Sitelinks and what to show to searchers, pick high-value pages on your site, and top visited pages. If you're using a web analytics program, look at your reports and select pages that users frequently click on before completing a conversion on your site.
Lastly, inside of AdWords you can see and measure performance of your Sitelinks (link below). Check the performance frequently and optimize based on the results.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454049?hl=en