Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Sitelink description

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Afternoon All.

This morning i noticed a new feature in adwords uk, it allows you to add descriptions to your site links, which seems a great idea. So i have spent all day going through 100s of sitelinks adding these. Has anyone else tested these yet? If so what criteria needs to be met for these to be shown, i'm guessing position 1, but will they show on non branded terms?

Also what the hell is happening with all these Mumbai call girl posts, is adwords branching out Smiley Happy

Jonny

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sitelink description

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jonny, as far as I'm aware the requirements for being shown are the same as for other sitelinks, i.e. in the top position(s).

I'm not sure what you mean by them not showing on branded terms.  Can you give me a clue?

The spam is infuriating but Google are working on a way to stop it.  Please bear with us.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your response, no they show on branded terms, just not on non branded terms  (product terms) despite being in position 1.

Thanks

Jonny

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jonny, to the best of my knowledge the nature of the Keyword triggering the Ad is not part of the decision to show or not show sitelinks, the only aspects are performance.  It may be that your branded terms don't have the performance necessary to permit the display of the links, but it's not because they're branded terms, if you see what I mean.

What Quality Scores are you showing for the branded and non-branded terms?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Brand has a QS of 10 and non brand varies from 5 to 7. I was wondering if competition would impact this, i.e will they only show when i am the only person bidding on the term. I say this as this is the only circumstances i have seen them show.

Jonny