2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Site Link CTR

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Since site link ext. are playing role in ad rank, what should we understand by site link CTR

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Site Link CTR

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
My understanding - and this is by no means a legal statement or anything fixed and final - is that clicks on sitelinks count towards the CTR of the advertisement that has the sitelinks.

Sitelinks are fantastic for exploring new territory in your marketplace, new search terms and finding salient issues that few others have considered.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

This has already been discussed on Adwords. Check this link - Sitelink CTR

Jeewan normally sitelinks have a higher CTR as compared to your ads.Sitelinks do help in improving the QS to a certain extent. If CTR is the major factor to determing QS on Adwords, then sitelinks do play role in improving the ad rank.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Chetan

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

...normally sitelinks have a higher CTR as compared to your ads.

Actually, if I can, I'd like to offer a slight change to this statement. As I understand it, the data shows that ads that are displayed with sitelinks have a higher CTR than ads that are displayed without sitelinks. That is, while the sitelinks themselves may and/or may not receive clicks, what matters is that the ads themselves receive a lot more clicks.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Remember also that sitelinks only appear on ads in the top positions - and ads in the top positions tend to have a higher CTR in any event...