AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Single Keyword Ad Groups (SKAGs)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm considering setting up future campaigns on the SKAG principle. I would be very grateful if anyone can share their experience and how it effects the workflow and the improvement in the account.

Is working with potentially hundreds of Ad Groups if not thousands, workable? If so, any tips on the workflow would be much appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Uzair Kharawala
January 2016

Re: Single Keyword Ad Groups (SKAGs)

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I agree with @MosheTLV

I do have a few SKAG's in some of my accounts, but these are for very specific keywords that have shown to be great performers over time.

Singling out one or two means that you can give them as much budget as they can handle and you can work to get their QS right up to 10 - but to do this throughout a campaign is - as MosheTLV suggests more work than the return will probably give you.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Uzair Kharawala;

Honestly, I don't think that the efforts would bring results  worth the vast time consuming  and  the work involved.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Uzair Kharawala
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I agree with @MosheTLV

I do have a few SKAG's in some of my accounts, but these are for very specific keywords that have shown to be great performers over time.

Singling out one or two means that you can give them as much budget as they can handle and you can work to get their QS right up to 10 - but to do this throughout a campaign is - as MosheTLV suggests more work than the return will probably give you.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Steve & MosheTLV for your replies. I guess I'll need to run a campaign and see how much difference there is and also the increased workflow.