AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Similar-to lists: how to set-up, options, and costs?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a client that is interested in using ad words similar-to lists in order to expand their advertising audience. I have a few, probably basic questions, about similar-to lists:

- How do we use this? We currently have a re marketing image-based ad campaign set up. How do we set-up similar to lists in ad words? 

- What options should be considered when using similar-to lists? Looking for best practices.

- Cost? How does it work in this case? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Similar-to lists: how to set-up, options, and costs?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

1) Use them like a normal Audience , set a GDN ad group and add it as a targeting method.

2) Check the placement report frequently to see what placements are not profitable and add them to the exclusion list. Use this audience  in combination with keywords for a higher relevancy.

3) No aditional cost than the usual CPC.

Of course others can provide more ideas.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kelsey,

Similar List is termed as Similar Audience, which is available in the shared library.

When you create the remarketing audience for the particular page, AdWords Automatically captures the similar behavior users. thus its also called similar behavior targeting. As it uses the users past searches interest and users browsers history and create the list.

How do we set-up similar to lists in ad words? 

You can create the similar audience targeting campaigns/Ad Group the same that you create the Remarketing Image based campaigns. But i would suggests you to use both Text ads and image ads in the Similar audience targeting Ad Groups as some GDN placement only accept the Text ads and some Banner ads.

- What options should be considered when using similar-to lists? Looking for best practices.

As Adrian has already explained the tactics to target the similar audience campaigns.But different people have different experience. Just from my little experience, i have target Similar audience without any keywords and placements.And getting Good Conversion Rate and Cheaper CPA.

I keep lesser max CPC as compared to the normal Contextual targeting campaigns.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Okay, thank you. And what is the pricing generally for similar audiences, how does that work? Is it just that you set a budget?