2.8K members online now
Make the most out of your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Showing my ads on mobile in google maps 3 pack

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm using Google Adwords Express for several weeks.

When I'm running a search for the main keyword that I'm targeting I can see my ad on a desktop, but when I'm running the same search on mobile, I can't see as an AD inside the google maps 3 pack.

In the meantime, one of my competitors is showed up there for both(Desktop and Mobile).

What can I do to show it on mobile as well?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Elite T,

Map ads will not always trigger since they are designed to target only those in the area. Some phones will show their location hundreds of miles away or even in another state, which will break the targeting. 

With that said, it is interesting that another competitor, which I assume is physically located near you, does show when yours is not. How close is the competitor actually located (business address)? 

Also, what type of targeting are you using... or how large of a radius if using this type? 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Showing my ads on mobile in google maps 3 pack

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, James.

Thanks for the information. The competitor is about 11 miles away from my location.  I think that the main reason why the competitor show's on mobile and I'm not is that he is set up as a physical location and I'm just service customers at their location.  

What do you think?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Elite T,

You are welcome. 

Yes, if he has a physical location set with radius targeting and a strong budget... they will win the auction more. You could up your odds by reviewing the info in my link (previous reply) and make sure you are using everything you can.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you James.