AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Should i new to pause my one yr old ads as i make some new ads in my campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Should I need to pause my one yr old ads as i make some new ads in my campaign?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Ruchi,

Yes, I would recommend to pause the old ads and try new ad copies as per the latest trend and competition.

The new ETA(Expanded text ads) are more powerful ad type with proven results.

If you want to test the performance of both old and new ads then instead of pausing all the ads, add 2 new along with 1 old ad per ad group. 

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello @Ruchi K,

If the ads are performing well and have good CTR then you can keep them running and at the same time test with the Expanded text ads. 

Keep them running for few weeks and based on the results you can then make the adjustments. 

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Ruchi K,

No, you don't need to pause your ads. I would recommend you keep running the ads within your ad groups and add your new copy to those groups. Set your ad rotation to "evenly" so your new ads will get impressions and clicks. Run the ads together at the same time, with an even split, so you can compare the performance between the old ads and the new ads. Then you can decide which ads are performing better and pause or delete the lower-performing ad. This also assures your ads keep running while the new ads get approved.

Factors affecting your performance can change quickly, seasonal trends, economic trends, retail purchasing trends, etc. So, comparing performance of 2 ads that run in different date ranges is unreliable. The ads need to be tested head-to-head to remove any uncontrollable factors. When you do declare a winner, design another test. This is the road to AdWords success: design, test, analyze, then do it again.

A well-performing ad can almost always be improved.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords