AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Should i have more than 1 landing page per ads group?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI, i am e marketing that run Google adwords campain for a month, as you know that Google accept many text ads for a group keywords in Campain. And each group of keywords is a query of customers and sometime we can not creat only one landing page for that querry, so i have more than one landing page for the a groups of keywords so should i create more text ads, and how Quality Score Caculated in this case, because i know that landing page is a important factor to caculate Quality Score.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Should i have more than 1 landing page per ads group?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Hoang,

You could create two ads that are the same but have different landing pages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Tahnk you Kandarp. I know we could create more than 1 ads but how Keyword's Quality score are caculated?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hoang H
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Hoang.
According to me, Your QS will improve, Separate landing page for each ad group allow you effort to communicate more clearly with the visitor. Each KW has it's on QS, based upon Expected CTR, Ad Relevance & Landing Page Experience.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Smiley Very Happy Thank you Kandarp! I think so. Because each keywords group is queries and landing pages are the answers and text ads are the bridges!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Hoang H,

If a number of keywords in the group go to a different landing page, those keywords should be split our into a separate ad group for the different landing page. If you have 2 ads going to 2 different landing pages in the same ad group, any keyword can trigger either ad.

Or you can set keyword-level landing pages for the keyword specific landing pages wihtin the ad group.

I would recommend separate ad groups, with ads written for the keywords within each group. That should improve your CTR, which will result in a higher QS.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Petebardo!
Thank you very much! I am in this case.
For ex: I have a group of keywords as details:
Halong kayaking
Kayak in Halong
Halong kayak
Hanoi +kayak

so it query about the how to kayak or the kayak services in Halong and i have some tours thats about Halong kayak for ex: Halong cat ba kayak, halong 2 days cruise and kayak...
So as you know, all of them can be the answer for query.
But what i am interest in that is the Quality Score, We have more than one landing pages for a group of keywords, so how the quality score caculated?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Hoang H,

I'm not sure why you have more than one landing page. Perhaps you are testing landing page copy?

The landing page experience is the least of the factors in QS, so I wouldn't obsess over the LP score. I would imagine Google picks the ad with the most history, if the ads in the group have more than one landing page. If the destinations are set at the keyword level, the LP score should be directly related to those landing pages for the keyword.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete!
Of course in many cases you have to more than 1 landing page, for ex in case of category. If you dont have a category for products, you have to have more than 1 landing page. I am only worry about the landng pages decrease QS .