AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Should I use campaign or ad group level bid simulator?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm curious what type of bid suggestions you are using for your campaigns. In a campaign AW suggests a CPA of 150$ but when I analyse each ad group I see different bid adjustments (sometimes 120$ other times 220$), distinct of campaign level suggestion, depending on individual results. Do you think it would be better to use the campaign estimates (this would increase all adgroups CPA level) or the ad group level estimates? I don't find any good practices from Google regarding this optimization.

Cheers,

Helena

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Should I use campaign or ad group level bid simulator?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Elena,

I often find that ad group level suggestions and forecasts are more specific to your particular situation and therefore more useful. However, it might not be an issue associated with best practices. (E.g. if the advertiser has little time to invest he may prefer adjusting things at the campaign level where possible.)

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply. However I wonder how the bid simulator works. It at campaign level it suggest a CPA increase for 30% more conversions and at ad group level it suggests 12% CPA increase for 20% more conversions, what should I trust more?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Elena,

I cannot provide you with a proof, however, based on my experience ad group level predictions are more reliable.

Best,
Lakatos