2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Should I set up a new account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our adwords account has been poorly managed in the past due to lack of training, we have now had an adwords training course.

We have a low quality score on a lot of our ads and it is making it difficult to get our new ads to appear. I have a tight timeframe for a new campaign - should i just start up a fresh new account?

We have a new website with new URLs.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Should I set up a new account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No you haven't.

If you make new ads relevant with the keywords of an Ad Group, your quality score will rise and you'll get first positions on google.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
For myself I'd keep your account - others may disagree. But this is what I'd do.

What you need is click-throughs. Google makes its money from clicks, and if you're getting substantially more than you did, my guess is that Google's going to thank you for it.

I don't know where you did your training - but the real difference in CTRs comes from having advertisements that stand out. That they're relevant to your business is important too - so making them stand out (that is to say, pushing their emotional buttons*) will get you more clicks.

(*You'll have to split test to see which ones work!)

If the others say you should use a new account, realize that your quality score is based on average activity for that keyword in the first instance. Again, applying the above will improve your CTR which forms 65% of your quality score.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
"How bad is bad"? And how long this has been going?
If it is that bad, and for a long time, it will be very tough to recover;
Please provide some more info. (E.g. how many KWs - average QS...)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’