Guide Me
star_border

Should I seperate ad groups with a lot of conversions and no conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I manage small AdWords account.

My questions is Ad groups without any conversion, should I move to the different campaign?

Then, I can set make use of all budget for a campaign with successful Ad groups (to maximise conversions), and do experiment (? or I can say make effort) to create conversions for a campain with unsuccessful Ad groups.

One of campaign, there are 8 Ad groups. The below conversions are occurred this year.

• Ad group 1 ... 60 conversions
  • Ad group 2 ... 45 conversions
  • Ad group 3 ... 15 conversions
  • Ad group 4... 15 conversions
  • Ad group 5... 2 conversions
  • Ad group 6... 1 conversions
  • Ad group 7... 1 conversions
  • Ad group 8... 0 conversions

So, I am thinking to move Ad group from 5 to 8 to the new campaign.

Or should I just delete these unsuccessful ad groups??

Although some of Ad groups can be simply competitive, I kind of want to try to create conversions (these keywords selections are not bad...).

Please give advice to me.

Best regards

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 193London
September 2015

Re: Should I seperate ad groups with a lot of conversions and no conversions

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi 193London,

Your approach seems fine to me even it's great. It is considered as a good strategy to divide converting keywords and non converting keywords in a seperate campaign. It also allows to allocate large share of budget to converting campaign and less budget to non converting. At the same time with in new campaign non converting keywords gets good chance to perform and show results. It is almost like giving second chance to non converting keywords. 

I would only like to add few here that, you can even pick non converting keywords from converting adgroups and can add those keywords in this new campaign. And can keep converting keywords from non converting adgroups in exisitng campaign only. 

Also make sure to add negative keywords across campaigns to avoid any conflicts between keywords & double check for duplicate keywords.

Hope that makes some sense!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 193London
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi 193London,

Your approach seems fine to me even it's great. It is considered as a good strategy to divide converting keywords and non converting keywords in a seperate campaign. It also allows to allocate large share of budget to converting campaign and less budget to non converting. At the same time with in new campaign non converting keywords gets good chance to perform and show results. It is almost like giving second chance to non converting keywords. 

I would only like to add few here that, you can even pick non converting keywords from converting adgroups and can add those keywords in this new campaign. And can keep converting keywords from non converting adgroups in exisitng campaign only. 

Also make sure to add negative keywords across campaigns to avoid any conflicts between keywords & double check for duplicate keywords.

Hope that makes some sense!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello NehaGupta,

I am sorry for delayed reply.

Thank you very much for your advice!

Best regards,

Ikumi

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi 193London,

You are most welcome! See you around in the community! Smiley Happy

Thanks

Neha