AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Should I extend the target region or need to run an another campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Currently I'm running a campaign (1 adgroup with 3 keywords) which targets Chennai(city) and performing well. I want to target whole Tamilnadu(State). Which would be the better option? Should I change the target region or need to run an another campaign?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arul K
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Arul,

As the present 'Chennai' campaign is performing well, better not to disturb it.

So create a new campaign targeting Tamilnadu and exclude Chennai.

This will also help you to utilize your budget more effectively as you can assign separate budgets for both campaigns. You will also be able to use 'Chennai' specific ads in 'Chennai' campaign. Monitoring performance will be easy.

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arul K
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Arul,

As the present 'Chennai' campaign is performing well, better not to disturb it.

So create a new campaign targeting Tamilnadu and exclude Chennai.

This will also help you to utilize your budget more effectively as you can assign separate budgets for both campaigns. You will also be able to use 'Chennai' specific ads in 'Chennai' campaign. Monitoring performance will be easy.

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the reply. Can I use the same Adcopy? Or need to create an another adcopy? 

I ran a campaign(2 adgroups, 1 performed well & 1 was not good) for Tamilnadu & went well. Suddenly the cost was increased. So I have paused that campaign.

If I add a new Adgroup in paused campaign, what would be the impact? Does it help to increase the QS or affect the QS?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Arul,

It is difficult to give suggestions about ad copies without knowing the product or  service that you are advertising.

You can try with the best performing ad in Chennai campaign and test few new variations.

Adding a new ad group alone will not help to improve QS. Use the most relevant keywords with highly targeted ad, ad extensions and landing page.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

With the new campaign settings and bid adjustments, it's not as necessary now as it used to be to create multiple campaigns. It's not at all uncommon for campaigns to grow and shrink over time as the market changes. Ultimately it's your decision - If it's easier for you to manage a single campaign, do that. If having multiple campaigns works better for you, then do that. The best option is what works best for you. Smiley Happy

Tom

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The major concern here is the budget. Once the target geography is expanded from a single city to an entire state, you will need a much higher daily budget to accommodate the expanded click volume.

If the budget remained the same, the city which is presently performing well, may not get sufficient budget as it is getting now in a separate campaign, and that will affect it's current performance.

Using location bid modifier is an option here, but a safer option will be, creating a separate campaign

Deepak