4.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Shock raised adword prizes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have experienced a strange thing in the past year, the price of keywords has begun shock raised so I must stop adwords operations.

However, I have found a technique where I put the price to 10 cents, then my ads will not show and there will be no clicks, but prices are starting to fall to an acceptable level. Then I take a day when I drive all the keywords with reasonable prices, and there will be only one day. The next day, the keywords has fallen below the first page bid, and prices can be up to a tenfold increase over a day. Then it is just to put down the offer back to the 10 cent and wait a few weeks that prices again dropped.

Is this a normal procedure or a bug linked to my account?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Shock raised adword prizes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Hans R

What I think is happening is you are trying to manipulate the system with the QS and you are initially (after every stop) granted is  a default bid (which the system calculates). And, once your campaign gets enough impressions or time has elapsed  you are back to a QS based on your own campaign's performance and the  CPC is adjusted accordingly;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply!

This began about one year ago, and I did not manipulate anything to start it up. Some keywords have gone up to between 7 and 31 Euro per click, I do not know what happened. On Google Support I just get stupid answers I dont have any benefit of.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well... Another option that could explain this trend is an increase in competition and new advertisers  aggressively bidding   on certain keywords.

Could that be the case? Have you noticed new competitors?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hans R
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The idea struck me when this started, but as I work with remediation of electricity there is no reason to excessive competition and I can not see that there is such a thing.
But I will try again to get help from the Swedish support ... hope they someday may solve the problem. Otherwise, I have no choice but to turn to other medias.