AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Sharing reporting columns across different accounts

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All

Does anyone know if its possible to share the same saved selection of reporting columns across multiple accounts within an MCC.

I manage 48 accounts through my MCC and use the same (or very slight variation of) columns for managing and reporting on my clients accounts.

Is there a way for me to copy & paste this same saved selection of columns across multiple accounts or do I need to do the standard Columns -> Customise Columns -> and then add, remove and rearrange the columns to the order I want them to be in? 

...Bearing in mind that I have 3 sets of saved column selections for each one of my accounts Keywords Report and Ads Report.

I do not use exported reports as they are not real time and do not dynamically change and adjust, plus it also takes extra time to work with as you have to export the report each time before you can use it.

I know that I if used this option I could save a set of columns as a report and import it to each account.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rainer Schmid
September 2015

Re: Sharing reporting columns across different accounts

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I suppose I should rephrase the original question...

1. Is there any way to copy a saved Custom Column setup (Columns -> Customize
Columns -> adjust, label and save) to different customer accounts within my MCC account?

2. Is there any way to copy a saved Custom Filter setup to different accounts within my MCC?

Any help will be appreciated.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Rainer,

I am not totally sure please try https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404176?hl=en. May be you can Email and schedule report.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rainer,

Did you try the MCC reporting interface where you can run and schedule the reports for all your client accounts from one place?

Read this reference and start building your reports: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6027243?hl=en&rd=1

Pankaj

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Rainer,

Thanks for your post! Unfortunately there is no way to copy or save sets of columns across multiple AdWords accounts directly within the individual accounts. 

I don't have too much experience with API, but it could be something to look into. More information about API can be found below:

AdWords Application Programming Interface 

Google Developers - AdWords API

- Or you could post your question on the API Forum to see if it's something that can be done. 

Hope this helps! 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for the responses Kandarp, pankaj1782 and RachelM

Your responses are helpful, but unfortunately don't really answer the question.

I currently use Scripts to generate and send me reports based on account performance (load 1 script to my MCC and I get a CSV sent to me daily/weekly -I sent the schedule- containing the reporting info I want). As such the MCC reports or exported reports are unnecessary.

The thing is that I prefer working in the online interface where possible as I can switch and change elements quite easily without seeing a keyword/advert in the CSV that needs tweaking and then having to search for this specific keyword/advert again in the online interface to make the change.

For instance I’d like to save my Basic Effectiveness Keywords Table setup across multiple accounts.
| Keyword | Status | Max CPC | Quality Score | Ave Pos | Clicks | Converted Clicks | Impr. | CTR | Avg CPC | Cost | Cost / converted click | Click Conversion rate | Labels | View through Conv |Assist Clicks |Assist impr | Click assisted conv | Impr assisted conv
… and so on and so on as some of these reports also have filters applied….

If someone knows of some way to accomplish this it would be great, as doing it manually can be quire a time waster.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rainer Schmid
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I suppose I should rephrase the original question...

1. Is there any way to copy a saved Custom Column setup (Columns -> Customize
Columns -> adjust, label and save) to different customer accounts within my MCC account?

2. Is there any way to copy a saved Custom Filter setup to different accounts within my MCC?

Any help will be appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

FWIW (I know this thread is now 3yrs old), I would love to see a solution for this too. Adwords product team has done a lot to make bulk management easy in the UI without moving in and out of spreadsheets or Editor. But the lack of consistent reporting columns view across account is really frustrating.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Someone please solve this, I have a fantastic set of columns for search, shopping, video, etc but I can't share this view across my business unit, which is a total bum out.