Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Sharing remarketing code across multiple accounts

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello

So we are managing multiple accounts for a current customer, whose scope is global and spans numerous markets.  There are other vendors managing other accounts as well - all setup to be accessible via the MCC.

From one of the accounts, we have implemented a 'main list' remarketing tag as described here - this is accomplished via a shared library.  From there, we have implemented a number of rule-based variations to develop specific audience lists for future remarketing efforts across campaigns within this account.

However, we would like to make this tag-based list of all site visitors accessible and actionable across the other accounts noted above. Hence the subject of this inquiry. The separate accounts (by the way) represent various divisions of the organization - separated because they would like to manage each entirely independant of the other.

We were told by our former account strategist that we could do this, but that it would require the assistance of a Google strategist as the means by which accomplish are not available to external users.  But then, that stategist was re-assigned...and she tells us that no other strategist will be assigned to any of these accounts until January.  Wow - that seems odd - there are at least 5 accounts here and with significant spend - surpising that no strategist would be assigned to an entire set of major account(s).

She advised that we shouls call into the 866 Google help number.  We did, and we were connected with someone who asked for a day to research - getting back with us at that time only to inform that this consideration was essentially over his head...

HELP!  What can we do to move this along.  We do not want to implement separate tags on the same site for the multiple accounts...that is simply not efficient.

Thanks in advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sharing remarketing code across multiple accounts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

In this particular situation, I'd look into using Google Tag Manager. It's pretty awesome and after initial implementation, it will solve this problem for you in future.

http://www.google.com/tagmanager/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Have you resolved your problem? If not, please tell me Is the website the same across the multiple accounts?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Dave - interesting option that we will explore.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi bfresh no we have not found a definitive solution as yet.  Yes, it is the same site - different accounts aligned with the various divisions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you use tag manager to accomplish this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm now investigating remarketing for the first time and am running into this as well...we have a large number of accounts for keyword capacity and organizational reasons and I would rather not put a tag on my site for each account (I don't know if that would even work). Did you ever solve this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dave, it's not clear to me from the tag manager site how this would accomplish what we're trying to do, do you have some more specific how to documents?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the quick reply, Dave, but nothing I've read so far (and I've been looking extensively) seems to address this very directly. The remarketing tags that you need to include (whther you do it directly or via tag manager) seem to be AdWords-Account specific. Since I have many AdWords accounts, this is problematic. I don't see how tag manager would deal with that. If you can point me to more specific information, that would be great. I'm already at the Tag Manger docs and scouring them.