4.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Share Budget across different campaigns

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Does it beneficial to apply shared budget across the campaigns?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Share Budget across different campaigns

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Reenu,
I'm quoting from Google that in which condition Shared Budget would be good for your campaign. I'm quoting from Google

"A shared budget is ideal if you don't have a lot of time to spend setting up and monitoring individual campaign budgets, but would still like to get the most clicks possible for your ads within a set budget."

"When a shared budget is in use, AdWords can automatically adjust how budget is allocated across different campaigns to help you improve your return-on-investment."

If that is the case (you don't have time to manage budget) you should use Shared Budget option.

To read full article Please visit @ https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2517512?hl=en
Thanks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi reenu,

Shared Budgets make it easy to manage and Account with a fixed spend, but they do have one major drawback - you can't really control which Campaign spends what amount of the budget.  So, for example, if you had 5 Campaigns that you really wanted to share the budget evenly, one or two could be "hogs" and use up a lot more of the spend than the others.

I tend to use Shared Budgets only when starting a new Account as it allows for quick and easy data gathering within a set budget but I wouldn't use them for any Account that had been running long enough to examine performance data.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Reenu,

To follow with Jon above, this certainly is an important drawback where you don't actually control the individual budget and is automatically taken care by AdWords system.

But sometimes, when you don't really have much monthly spend left (by reaching the end of the month) for your client account and at the sametime, you want to run ads also, this could be a beneficial feature to use so that you don't overspend. But again, it's a way out where if you don't want to spend much time on the account checking the budget and all, you might try this.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Jon_Gritton.
I got my answer.