Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Separating search and display campaings

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hello my friends!

So, I've been reading about it on the internet and I found some confusing explanations.. so I ask you here: Why separate the create separete campaigns for search and display? What are te benefits?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Re: Separating search and display campaings

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello !

Why separate ? Because at the Campaign level you can setup a budget limit and scheduling.

You may want to measure the performance from the two campaigns in a month and if you get less conversions from a type of campaign, you can invest more in the other and pause the low performing one.

Assuming that you already know the basics about the two, here are some of the differences :

1) Targeting, in the Search network is precise, while in the Display Network is "context targeting" based mainly on many factors which intersect on a page .

2) There are limited searches on the search campaign, you can find them out with the Traffic Estimator but on the Display Campaign you can use a 10.000 $ budget on a day for a 1$ per click because your ads can be displayed on more than 2 milion partner websites at once. In the Display network I have experienced small conversion rates compared to the conversion rate from the search network.

3) Click through is usually less in the Display network

4) In the Display network you can use also banners created automatically with the Display ad builder while in the search you can only use text ads

5) In the Display network you can run remarketing campaigns to "follow" your previous visitors around in all the websites they visit with new Ads offering them something new. The remarketing cookies can be set to up to 540 days. You can use Frequency Capping to limit the number of times you display an Ad or an Ad group to a user, per day or per week.

Choosing one depends on your purpose of the Campaign, what do you want to use AdWords for ?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I would summarize it in one sentence:

Easier to mange, easier to control; and better reporting: these are all key factors in a successful campaign management.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello !

Why separate ? Because at the Campaign level you can setup a budget limit and scheduling.

You may want to measure the performance from the two campaigns in a month and if you get less conversions from a type of campaign, you can invest more in the other and pause the low performing one.

Assuming that you already know the basics about the two, here are some of the differences :

1) Targeting, in the Search network is precise, while in the Display Network is "context targeting" based mainly on many factors which intersect on a page .

2) There are limited searches on the search campaign, you can find them out with the Traffic Estimator but on the Display Campaign you can use a 10.000 $ budget on a day for a 1$ per click because your ads can be displayed on more than 2 milion partner websites at once. In the Display network I have experienced small conversion rates compared to the conversion rate from the search network.

3) Click through is usually less in the Display network

4) In the Display network you can use also banners created automatically with the Display ad builder while in the search you can only use text ads

5) In the Display network you can run remarketing campaigns to "follow" your previous visitors around in all the websites they visit with new Ads offering them something new. The remarketing cookies can be set to up to 540 days. You can use Frequency Capping to limit the number of times you display an Ad or an Ad group to a user, per day or per week.

Choosing one depends on your purpose of the Campaign, what do you want to use AdWords for ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I would summarize it in one sentence:

Easier to mange, easier to control; and better reporting: these are all key factors in a successful campaign management.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As MosheTLV also summarized, there are many reasons against using Display&Search together which I can follow. So the big question is in which situation would it actually make sense to use both together?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Like the info bubble says "Best opportunity to reach the most customers". It's a shortcut for people who don't spend a lot of time tweaking their configuration like me. There are businesses which do not have computer literate engineers and simply want to invest quicliky in a promotion method. Even if search + display is not the best choice in terms of reporting and budget optimisation, and it does a far better job than traditional TV , radio or newspaper advertising, because you spend money on targeted audiences.