AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Separating Mobile campaigns with the new Enhanced campaign?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

My question is, how would you bid or even separate out Mobile campaigns with the new Enhanced campaigns for a site that doesnt have a mobile landing page?

Rather, I chose just for the number to show on a Mobile Device & not a link to your website but is there a way to seperate it out? Or any tip anyone can offer will be helpful....

PPCSophie
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Separating Mobile campaigns with the new Enhanced campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello PPCSophie and welcome,

It's a good question and I am sure most of the Community members are looking for various options with respect to that.

If you go to the campaign settings for your Enhanced campaign, there is a separate setting for Devices where you do have the option to increase or reduce the bid by some percentage like this:

mobile.jpg

So if you see I have reduced the bids by 10% for my mobile devices. If you don't have a separate mobile landing page, reduce the bid by 100% so that during the ad auction for mobile devices, your ad isn't eligible and is only visible for the desktops, laptops or tablets.

There's an informative article by Jon on this which I would definitely suggest you to go through:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Targeting-Mobiles-with-Enhanced-Campaigns/ba-p...

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Pankaj,

That part I know and I have already did that & it really worked for keeping the Mobile impressions out BUT what I am really asking is, you see the 4th selection that says "Just the phone number".  I want to use that in my camapigns so I will be in the mobile space to encourage people to call.  I just wondering if I should separate it out into another campaign & and increase bid by +100 to keep out Tablets & Desktop & then make all the adds mobile specific (btw i tried that then realized I might have been double serving because there was no way to decrease bids on tablets & desktop)

So I was looking for ideas or tips if anyone had any.

mobile.png

PPCSophie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We just tried something similar and it didn't work very well. In a campaign where we are targetting mostly mobile clicks, with a +300% setting for mobile devices, we set our call extensions to "just the phone number" and raised our bids hoping to attract more calls from mobile users. Unfortunately these raised bids also raised our desktop bids high enough that even though they were bid at 1/3 the price of mobile, we still got mostly clicks from desktop users, along with a few calls from mobile users. Most of our budget was spent on the desktop clicks, and so we had to give up on this attempt to get more calls.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Sophie, just a quick note, you must not make all the Ads mobile-preference.  If you do this you'll make them all eligible for display on desktops/tablets.  The best way to increase the display on mobile devices is to have a good number of mobile-preference Ads and only one "desktop" Ad.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

HYSPPC

Yea, it didnt work for me as well.

Jon,

I made one of my ads out of 3 mobile preferred.

Thanks for the input you guys.  :-)

PPCSophie