Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Separate campaigns or multi ad groups under one campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi,

This might be a simple one. I have a category lets say Spider category where I have spider repellent, spider deterrent, spider spray. Now Do I put them all under one campaign or sperate campaigns. The benefit of puting them in different campaigns previously was the site link ad extension. But we can do this in adgroup level. So what is the best pratice and why? Also does seprate campaigns weight more than a single campaign with all ad groups?

Y2k_chapin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Separate campaigns or multi ad groups under one campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I think the choice would be totally yours here Smiley Happy

If you have various sub categories under Spider and you want to test out different keywords around them, you coudl go for the different campaigns.

I would suggest you to follow the pattern of your website and try to replicate that in your AdWords account in terms of structuring. Doing this would make things lot more easier for you because your website and your AdWords account would be in sync with each other.

Read more about structuring your account here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375470?hl=en

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
hi pankaj,

Thank you for your reply. yes you are right. I can either create sub categories as separate campaigns or separate adgroup under one campaign. But what is the benefit ? as I mentioned earlier the only benefit previously was the site links.

Main reason to my question was to know if a keyword in one of the many ad group under one campaign gets important or the keyword under one ad group under one campaign get the importance?

Example below which structure get more importance ? for the keyword glass coffee table which structure is best and get benefited .

tables(campaign)>coffee tables(ad group)> glass coffee table (keyword)

or

tables(campaign)
>coffee tables(ad group)> glass coffee table (keyword)
>Dining tables(ad group)> dining table (keyword)
>round tables(ad group)> round table (keyword)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

For me, the grouping of your ad groups and the campaign in which those ad groups are, should be as precise as possible and as much tight as you can keep.

So it will depend upon you what sort of grouping you prefer. Also note that AdWords is about experimenting and finding the right best possible solution for you which definitely varies from advertiser to advertiser.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Y2k_Chapin,
To add to pankaj's answers - one of the benefits of having multiple, granular Campaigns is that you can allocate your budgets based on your priority products/best sellers. For example, let's say that your Coffee Tables products sold much better than Dining Tables. You may consider putting Coffee Tables in own Campaign so that that you can allocate more budget there, and less budget to Dining Tables.

Another benefit of having granular, thematic Ad Groups and Campaigns is that the more structured your Account is, the better your Quality Scores should be as your Keywords in Ad Groups should relate to each other as the Ads probably would as well.

Also, to answer your question on where to put the Keyword glass coffee tables, I'd recommend putting it in it's own Ad Group, along with other Keywords related to glass coffee tables.

How Many Keywords in one Ad Group - https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/How-Many-Keywords-should-I-have-per-Ad-Group/b...

Creating Granular, Thematic Ad Groups - https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/30-AdWords-Tips-in-30-Days-Day-14-Create-Thema...