AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Separate Mobile And Desktop Into 2 Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

year ago I remember I had 2 different 'kinds' (desktop and mobile) for all my campaigns

In 2014 or so, things changed, If I recollec well, and it was not possible anymore to carry on as I was.

So i set up only one campaign adjusting the bid with a % for the mobile traffic.

Now, I understand that is again possible to set up 2 different campaigns, like

CAMPAGN1 - DESKTOP

CAMPAIGN1- MOBILE

CAMPAIGN2 - DESKTOP

CAMPAIGN2 - MOBILE

etc etc

is this true? And in this case, what's the best way to go about? copy-paste the campaign in adwords editor, rename it and then what for the bidding? chosing a bid for mobile and do -100% for Desktop and Tablet?

Please advise with baby steps; it's been a while I do not work 'seriously' on adwords and I fear I lost some skills

Thank you in advance

Freddie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Separate Mobile And Desktop Into 2 Campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Freddie,

It is as simple as you have described. 

Pros:

Good for when quite different bids for desktop and mobile are needed
Good for when there are different conversions being measured - especially phone calls

You can create different ads for mobiles in a more straightforward and easily seen way

You can create different extensions for mobile

You can control the budgets for each device type

Cons:

You are splitting the data for each keyword in half, so you need to wait longer for actionable data