A preference that determines which ad in your ad group should show (when you have multiple ads). You can request to have your successful ads show more often or indicate that you'd like your ads to be shown more evenly.
- If you have more than one ad in your ad group, we'll rotate which ad shows depending on your ad rotation setting.
- In the "Advanced settings" section of your campaign's "Settings" tab, there are three options to choose from:
- Optimize for clicks (the default) gives preference to your ads that are expected to get the most clicks, based on your past clickthrough rates (CTRs). Google will try to show those ads more often than other ads in your ad group to help you gain more clicks and impressions.
- Optimize for conversions gives preference to your ads that are expected to get the most conversions like purchases and sign-ups. Your ad group might receive fewer clicks, but it'll likely receive more conversions. If there isn't enough conversion data to determine which ad is likely to provide the most conversions, ads will rotate to optimize for clicks.
- Rotate gives equal preference to all active ads in your ad group, regardless of how each ad performs. Each ad will be eligible to show an equal number of times, but the actual impressions -- how often each is actually shown -- can differ across ads based on a number of factors.
- On your Ads tab, you can see the "% served" statistic showing how often each ad has been shown in relation to the rest of the active ads in the same ad group.