3.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Segmenting by time zone

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a campaign running in the US and Canada that is doing fairly well, but I'd like to fine tune it because my CPC has been going up and I'm hitting my budget maximum on a regular basis. I have studied my reports and concluded that most of my conversions come during business hours for the region in which the users reside. I am using ad scheduling, but it can only be based on one time zone.

Does it make sense to segment my campaigns by time zone? Is there anyone who does this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Segmenting by time zone

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi frippy,

That certainly is a viable approach, if you are sure that's what's happening. That's the only way to target different hours in different regions. I haven't done this with any of my own campaigns.

Best of Luck

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author fnippy
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi fnippy,

The ad schedules you set are based on the time zone you selected when you initially created your AdWords account. So you'll need to adjust your ad schedule to account for any difference in your target customers' time zone. To verify your account's time zone setting, click the My account tab and select Preferences.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Brijesh

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks to both of you. I wanted to be sure I wasn't opening up a can of worms before doing this.