AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

See search terms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am always looking at the see search terms reports for my campaigns. When I perform this I always see at the bottom of my keywords something that says Other search terms - and it often has a low click through rate. I would like to identify the keywords that are listed here and add them as negatives.Is there a report you can run to identify these terms. Or what is the best way to determine phrases that are generating impressions and not clicks?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Liz (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

A couple of points here:   1) Partly depends on timeframe...

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

A couple of points here:

1) Partly depends on timeframe selected - data for "today" and "yesterday" will always fall in this category.

2) Google will only show limited data for search queries that didn't result in clicks.  Sort by impressions and you should see some data with 0 clicks.  It will always be incomplete.

One thing you can do is use the keyword tool to get an idea as to what search queries might be triggered for a given keyword.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Liz (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

A couple of points here:   1) Partly depends on timeframe...

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

A couple of points here:

1) Partly depends on timeframe selected - data for "today" and "yesterday" will always fall in this category.

2) Google will only show limited data for search queries that didn't result in clicks.  Sort by impressions and you should see some data with 0 clicks.  It will always be incomplete.

One thing you can do is use the keyword tool to get an idea as to what search queries might be triggered for a given keyword.

Hi noelsutcilff,   Few more things to above suggestions:...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi noelsutcilff,

Few more things to above suggestions:

As per Google notes:

"Clicks and impressions for search terms are included in the "Other search terms" row if both of the following are true:

1. You didn’t receive any clicks on this search term within the last 30 days (from someone who wasn’t blocking their referrer URL).
2. The search term wasn’t entered by a significant number of people.

Also, clicks and impression data for search terms entered within the last 24 hours will always be in the "Other search terms row." Check back later to see these in the search terms report."

So, it's better to check the search terms data which is not current but somewhat older.

Pankaj