AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Second Page position 9-16?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I don't want to pay for first page position, would be happy with second page but I don't know if google is showing for second page. All of my keywords say "Below First Page Bid" (All 2500) of them. I'm not really wanting to pay for first page position.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David C
September 2015

Re: Second Page position 9-16?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

The "below first page bid" is a guide and not to be taken as gospel I'm afraid!

It sounds like it may be better to work out how much you will be willing to pay for each click rather than aiming for second page? there are too many variables that decide ad position to make an accurate bid for second page: Competition, ad text relevance, landing page relevance...etc.

Have a look at average position to see what position your keyword is appearing.

Personally id work out how much you can afford to spend on each click and bid to that. so work out site conversion rate, conversion value and average CPC.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

JT

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David C
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

The "below first page bid" is a guide and not to be taken as gospel I'm afraid!

It sounds like it may be better to work out how much you will be willing to pay for each click rather than aiming for second page? there are too many variables that decide ad position to make an accurate bid for second page: Competition, ad text relevance, landing page relevance...etc.

Have a look at average position to see what position your keyword is appearing.

Personally id work out how much you can afford to spend on each click and bid to that. so work out site conversion rate, conversion value and average CPC.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

JT

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
No worries, your ads are still showing up in other pages, it just say that your ads will not appear in the first page.

You can read more about First page bid estimates in the following URL:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472742

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning.

I would agree with Jack T on this issue. If you don't mind whether or not your ads are displayed on page one of the search results, then pay no attention to the average positioning metrics or the first page bid estimates.

Instead, figure how how much you can afford to pay for each conversion and how many clicks you'll get, on average, before a conversion is generated. That will tell you how much you can afford to bid for a click and that's what you should bid.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*