5.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search vs Search Partner Performance

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

For one of my clients, the difference in the search network and the serahc partner network is a lot..

for example, I have a campaign in Search with an avg position of 2.8, giving me 50 conversions at Rs.250.. whereas, the same campaign on search partner gives me 55 conversions at position 2.2 at Rs. 150....

Is there any way I can spilt these so that I can control bids on both!

I know that from the campaign settings I can pull off search partners... but is there a way I can split campaign1 into campaign1-search partners and campaign1-search.

AdWords provides the reports for us to look at.. so I know I am loosing money on search but I cant do anything about it.. not even manage bids for that network.. its such a helpless feeling! Smiley Sad

If this is not possible I hope the Adwords guys are listening!!!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!
3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Search vs Search Partner Performance

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

No, AdWords has not given us the ability to target Search Partners separate from Google search. Any campaign that serves Search Partners must also serve Google search.

You could try two campaigns?  Duplicate your current campaign (AdWords Editor is the easiest way to do this) and then change your current campaign's settings to service only Google.

Set the new campaign to service Google + Search Partners (leave only the keywords you're interested in serving on the Search Partner sites if it's a smaller list) and set the bids lower than on the Google campaign.

While the secondary campaign will probably still pull some Google traffic, the original one should have the performance history and bid advantage and should pull most of it and the lower bids in the secondary campaign should lower your costs on the Search Partner sites.

Just a thought.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Guys,

Around 6 months ago I've seen an article that was written at the time by Enrique del valle, Spanish AdWords Top Contributor, and he posted the article to the Global AdWords TC forum.

In the article he explains about a "bypass" with instructions for setting of a campaign with only impressions on Search Partners.

The article is written in Spanish - but you can use the English translation button to read it in English.

link: http://darkmoon.es/blog/anuncios-adwords-solo-asociados-busqueda

Good Luck,

Asaf

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by AmyB (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi ShroffsS,

Theresa_Zook is correct in saying that you can't create a search campaign for search partner traffic only. You might also be interested in checking out the resource below on the "smart pricing" feature for the Google Network which helps explain why you may see lower CPCs on search network sites:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=134761

Essentially, if an ad is predicted to perform better on a search partner site than it does on Google, and it appears in a similar auction on both sites, that ad will have a lower CPC on the search partner site than Google. 

I hope this is helpful!

Amy

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hey Theresa & Amy,

Thanks for replying Smiley Happy ... I know that there is no direct way to target the search partners only... I just wish there was!!

I am not sure I want to leave the bidding to 'smart pricing'.. I would prefer managing the bids myself.

Asaf - 

Thanks for the post link. I am still trying to figure out the spanish post. I will look into it today and get back to you! thanks a lot tho! Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Shweta

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Two quick points:

1) We've had similar discussions in the old and/or old, old forums.  I'll see if I can dig up those links.  Unfortunately, the best you can do is a "hack" in that Google will not really let you bid separately.

2) I believe this is a business and not a technical decision by Google.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hey Richard,

I totally agree that it is a business decision by Google to not allow us to bid separately on partners... Smiley Sad

Still hopeful,

Shweta

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. Has anyone tried what Theresa Zook suggests here and with any success? Found this thread b/c like other people here I'm seeing much better performance on Search Partners in my current campaign and I've been googling the issue.