Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search terms based on location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

I am using AdWords to sell our product. We started using AdWords 3 months back. Our product is a SaaS platform to connect alumni. I have a campaign with broad match keywords like 'alumni', 'alumni platform' etc. I am targetting 12 countries. 

I want to check how many clicks I got from a particular country. I go to the dimensions and use the 'user location' dimension to find the number of clicks I got from a particular country. Now I go to keywords and see the search terms. Most of the search terms are 'xxxx college alumni website' or  'xxxxx school alumni website'. These KWs actually give me an insight that alumni from particular college are searching for alumni platform. These colleges can be potential prospects for our business. 

I want to sort the 'search terms' based on 'location' so that I can approach these universities on location (country) basis rather than me typing the university name in google and knowing the location (country). 

Is there a way to get 'search terms based on location' from AdWords or analytics?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maruthi S
September 2015

Re: Search terms based on location

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Maruthi,

Yes, you can find the data of search terms based on location from analytics, but unfortunately this data isn't available in adwords.
Let me go through you the process of extracting this data. Sign in to your analytics account and follow the steps mentioned below

Google Analytics > Audience > Geo > Location > Select Matched Search Query in the secondary dimension.

Matched search query would give you the data of the actual search queries that triggered impressions of your AdWords ads. However, if you want the data for your organic traffic as well, then you may select search term as your secondary data.

Hope this solves your problem Smiley Happy

Regards,
Sayem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sayem,

Thanks a lot for the answer. This helped me. I have one query, for some locations I see that the MSQ as (not set). Can you tell me what I need do so that I see the MSQs?

Thanks
Maruthi

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hi Mauthi,

This is the data which is Google analytics has hidden. Unfortunately, this data cant be extracted unless you buy the anlaytics premium account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sayem,

Thanks.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Maruthi,
First I recommend you that create different campaigns for different country for better campaigns management, budget control, and reporting.
If I come to your question AdWords does not offer such reports. However you can pull those data from Google Analytics. In order to pull such reports, you need to create Custom Report.

GA Search Terms.PNG

Then choose the Search term in Secondary dimensions. But Make sure, The data is very big so, you can get sampled reports, so you will not get all Search terms.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’