3.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search partners, October 14, 90 % traffic drop

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, I work with few partners, that are using AdWords, using using Search Partners as well, they are performing pretty well. Between October 14 and 15, traffic from these sources dropped by 80-90%, while clicks from Google search itself remained without changes (and even rised somewhere). I suppose that this is not connected with Ad rank change (extensions), but I think it's connected more with Panda 4.1, or disabling of search feed for some large search partners? I would appreciate , if anybody has some info. It brought a pretty decent traffic. Note that clicks from Display remained the same too, as well as QS, CTR and so on ( if we talk about minor differences). Thank you!

Re: Search partners, October 14, 90 % traffic drop

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Petr,

This report might help you - it's a filter that you can use on your Google Analytics data to take a closer look at your search partners. It might help you to see exactly where traffic has dropped.  I'll be honest, I haven't used it. I've been saving it for a rainy day, so I'll be interested to hear if it helps. Note- make sure to create a duplicate profile before using this filter.

May I ask, though, what do you mean when you say that you work with a few search partners?  When you opt into search partners, you opt into all of them - it isn't possible to be selective.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Petr,

Thats exactly the same date I saw the 90% drop in Search Partners traffic.
Still don't have any idea what caused it.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Amy, thank you for that link. I'll try it and let you know who was kicked out from search feed Smiley Happy
Search partners - I did not mean search partners as a filter in AdWorda. In fact, I help a few people with larger accounts with AdWords performance. You are right, you can opt in only for all Search Partners, not a selectice part.
Lukas, could you try rhia filter as well and let us know?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Happy to share, hope it helps you get to the root of the issue! Let us know how it works!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Amy, a little problem on first sight. Current Analytics menus are much different than the tutorial, and all I can find even after applying filter is ,,google.com" as the largest source, followed by 30% of referrers (it is wrong, these are search partners as well). No concrete domains appear. Maybe it would be great if any Pro can give us clue, if this Search partners drop is just temporary, if this date is connected with Impression share on the side of Search partners affected by Panda or if there are any large partners that stopped using search feeds, or change in search feed algo? It would really help - changing complete structure of working traffic sources is not an one-hour task. Thanks all
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Petr R
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Petr, any updates ? I have exactly the same problme.

What is interesting, is that by looking in semrush i see all search websites traffic drop, exept, !attention! wow.com, ask.com and etc as they are a part of Google.

And Adwords phone support is so noobie, for them the only and real suggestion for all problem - is to raise budget.Smiley LOL

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
It seems that this has nothing to do with QS of the accounts, since scores are OK (no 1/10 as in ,,AdWords Slap case". It simply seems like the sites you mentioned started to advertise heavily on almost all existing keywords and it raised prices too high... Only explanation so far (I have seen their explosive rise in Semrush too :-)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ask.com puts high prices to be advertised (in fact they pay nothing) to Google as they are Google.

And for all other sites they have raised minimal bid price.

For example I have oil shop and there traffic falled down too. Ads is not displayed on low bid prices..

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our posting guidelines. Please note that it is counter to our posting guidelines to ask others to contact you outside the forum.