AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search or Display network?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone, my business requires a potential customer to call me for further information.

My business is a service business, and the work is carried out at the customer home.

Should I be on both search and display networks or only one of them. Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Search or Display network?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Bills4065,

It depends on your budget and your campaign goals.

The Display Network has a far greater reach, but acts less as a direct response outlet and more of a branding outlet. Not to say that if done properly, you cannot get awesome results because you can. However, if you are new to AdWords, I would suggest starting with the Search network.

The Search Network acts as more of a direct response outlet. For example, someone is searching on Google in order to find an answer to something. The search network is great in your instance, because you can provide a Click-to-Call extenion, which appends your phone number to the ad. 

I would definitely look into mobile device targeting, as your business relys on phone calls. If you don't have a mobile optimized site, you can tell AdWords to only show your phone number (rather than a link to your site) when an ad displays to mobile devices. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

BI

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Search or Display network?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Bills4065,

It depends on your budget and your campaign goals.

The Display Network has a far greater reach, but acts less as a direct response outlet and more of a branding outlet. Not to say that if done properly, you cannot get awesome results because you can. However, if you are new to AdWords, I would suggest starting with the Search network.

The Search Network acts as more of a direct response outlet. For example, someone is searching on Google in order to find an answer to something. The search network is great in your instance, because you can provide a Click-to-Call extenion, which appends your phone number to the ad. 

I would definitely look into mobile device targeting, as your business relys on phone calls. If you don't have a mobile optimized site, you can tell AdWords to only show your phone number (rather than a link to your site) when an ad displays to mobile devices. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

BI