3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search only results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a previous campaign that was set to run search as well as display network, and I would like to parse out the results for the search only. All of the keyword and other segmented results (e.g. day, time of day) seem to be reported at the overall level but I want to separate out search only from display network only results. Specifically, I am trying to see how many clicks we received through the search vs. the display network. I hope this makes sense.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search only results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dknoll,

Have you experimented with segmenting your data?  You can also see general campaign breakdowns at the bottom of the reporting pages by network.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've tried segmenting my data, and I do see that the OVERALL results for search vs. display are reported but I want them individually broken out by segments, i.e. search only by day, search only by time of day. Ideally I would like to split all of my results out by search only vs. display network and I am assuming there is some obvious way to do that, but I am just missing it somehow!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Hmmm.

This is one of the reasons why I always separate Search and Display campaigns.  I can't think of a way to do this of the top of my head, especially if this campaign pre-dates the Display Network Tab.  I do not have any campaigns set up across multiple networks to even see what the options are for this, if it exists.

Sorry

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Again,

I have one more thought for you.  Depending on the age of this campaign, the keywords tab will only show search data.  Before the Display Network tab change, there were no keyword click stats for the GDN.  Have you downloaded a keyword report to see if that will give you what you're looking for?  Even segmenting just your keywords tab may actually give you this data.

It's really going to depend on how old this campaign is.

-Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
is this what you need?
Campaigns > Display Network TAB > Segment (dropdown above the graph) > Time > Day

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, but no. This still reports my results overall (meaning statistics for search and display network combined).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'll look into it. The campaign was created in Oct-Nov 2010 by someone who wasn't well versed in AdWords and I believe unintentionally allowed search and display network to run together in the same campaign. I am currently running a search only campaign and I wanted to compare our daily click rate with the search only click rate from previous, which is why I am trying to parse out the results.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
This can be done in Analytics for sure.
And in different depending upon what you´d like to know.
Most simple is to look under Traffic Sources => Search => Paid