Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search keywords not performing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I am using both search and display network for campaigns. However, I am noticing that I am getting more clicks and impressions from display network than the search. What can be the reason for this and how it can be ractified. I have separate campaign running for GDN only. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search keywords not performing

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi,

If you have a separate campaign running for GDN - then we highly recommend opting for search only in this one. The number of impressions you get on each network in a campaign targeting all networks is not evenly distributed. Rather, the system serves your ads on a first come first served basis and enters your ads in any auction that's eligible. This way, you could end up getting more clicks from one network than the other.

If you'd like to control how much you spend on each network, we highly recommend having separate search only and display only campaigns.

Hope this helps.

RR

Re: Search keywords not performing

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Kapil,

If you are not getting traffic for search campaign lets see your impression share. are your getting 100% impression share or not? if you are losing imp share due to ad rank try to increase your search keywords bids.

Obviously will get more impressions for display campaign but in search campaign will get more qualified traffic than display. Lets review your display campaign and exclude unrelated placements from campaign and optimize.

Thanks,
Satya