AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search in my geo area for an area outside

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an ad that is set to only target people in Los Angeles.  If somebody inside los angeles searches for Las Vegas  brain doctor they will see my add.

Brain doctor is my keyword and I dolnt have an office in las vegas so its a complete waste of money.

How can I hide those ads for the people inside my geo targeted area but specifically searching for something outside my geo area?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Advanced Location Settings>

Target: Users in my targeted area.

Exclude: Users in, searching for, or viewing pages about my excluded area.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I already have that setting on but only have Los Angeles as included and do not have anything specified as excluded.  What is the best way to exclude the entire US except for Los Angeles?

So I have to create an excluded area for the entire US except for Los Angeles?

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

No, you shouldn't have to. There could be a few things that could cause this. Broader match type KW's. Users who have shown interest in your business then continued to search. Make sure the ads clearly reference that you are located in LA.

Not every click is going to result in a paying customer. If this is a one time thing and not an ongoing issue, then exclude the term and you won't get any impressions from that term anymore.

Tom