Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search and Display Network Optimization

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Team,

I running Lead target campaign i selected campaign network in (Search and Display) Network mode. Now My Competitive metric shows your campaign share the impression is very less because of your campaign Display campaign Rank is very less.

Now i want how to increase the bid range for display without increase search bid and tell if its possible.

If its Possible means kindly tell me how to optimize that.

Thanks,

Kalirajan.S

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kalirajan
September 2015

Re: Search and Display Network Optimization

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Kalirajan
It sounds like you have 1 campaign set to "Search Network with Display Select".
This is the reason why you have so many impressions and you can't optimise the Search Network properly.

To be able to optimise each network you must split this 1 campaign into 2 separate campaigns;
1. Search Network Only
2. Display Network Only 

When you split the networks, you can then optimise each one properly.

<edited in an attempt to remove bolding. Please avoid unnecessary bolding of your entire text>

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Kaliranjan,

Search Campaigns with Display select campaigns does not allow to bid manually for display networks. It automatically increase/decrease display bids. In order to get better control you ave to choose separate campaigns for search and display. Please follow the below link for more info:-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Search-Network-With-Display-Select-Should-Smal...

I understand you have a lot of campaigns, so you can use the AdWords editor for this. It will help you to replicate the search campaigns into Display network.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Can you elaborate on what campaign type have you selected? Is it Search with Display select? If yes, then what is the campaign sub-type? Standard or All features.

Also in the campaign type Search With Display select, you have limited number of changes that can be made for the Display Network because of the dependency with Search network.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Kalirajan
It sounds like you have 1 campaign set to "Search Network with Display Select".
This is the reason why you have so many impressions and you can't optimise the Search Network properly.

To be able to optimise each network you must split this 1 campaign into 2 separate campaigns;
1. Search Network Only
2. Display Network Only 

When you split the networks, you can then optimise each one properly.

<edited in an attempt to remove bolding. Please avoid unnecessary bolding of your entire text>

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pankaj,

Have Good day!

I selected Search with Display campaign and sub-type- All features.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rainer,

Thanks!

I running lot of campaigns and each campaigns are targeted each city separately. So only i select "Search with Display Network". If i split up Search and Display means i need to create lot of campaigns.
This is reason i running this network mode in all campaigns.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Rainer,
I would suggest you to create separate campaigns for search and display, it will help you in optimizing the campaigns in an efficient way.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Kaliranjan,

Search Campaigns with Display select campaigns does not allow to bid manually for display networks. It automatically increase/decrease display bids. In order to get better control you ave to choose separate campaigns for search and display. Please follow the below link for more info:-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Search-Network-With-Display-Select-Should-Smal...

I understand you have a lot of campaigns, so you can use the AdWords editor for this. It will help you to replicate the search campaigns into Display network.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’