Guide Me
star_border

Search Terms and Excel

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi!

I have a doubt regarding this topic.

When we run a search term report some terms are displayed and we have to choose if we add them to and adgroup or excluded.
My doubt is, since it is not possible to choose a different adgroup to add the keyword , besides the one google adwords give us the option I opted to download all the data in search term report to see in which adgroup i want add that term. But if i run a search term report later in the month i will not have that term marked as "added" because i added it manually. So later in the month i don't remember if i added that keyword or not. 

Do you have a better way to analyse the search term report?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author João M
January 2017

Search Terms and Excel

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Дмитро Б is correct;

@João M - I export the search terms I am interested in and compare them with the current list of active keywords.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Search Terms and Excel

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

That is correct. (Assuming I understood the scenario). So the practice, I follow is to export the keywords I think  should be considered to be added, check (separately) if a similar one is already on the list, and if I find it relevant add it manually.

I don't automatically add every keyowrd the system suggests... Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Search Terms and Excel

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@MosheTLV,

Let me see if i understand. You just export some of the keywords in the search terms report.
Then you compare the exported keywords with the ones in the search term report in the platform and then you add manually the ones (in the platform) the are suitable for you.
And what if you want to add a particular kewyord but into another adgroup in the campaign. The platform don't tell you or doesn't mark it as added, because you mandatory have to added manually.

Isn't there any better way to do this? What about if we have an account with a large number of adgroups and keywords? 

Thanks

Search Terms and Excel

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I think there is a logic behind this becase a row in the search term report corresponds to particular term within ad group within campaign. And 'added' here stands for a term converted into keyword. So when you add a term as a keyword into other group it's not a 'conversion from the search term"

I think downloaded reports could help you. With downloaded reports you could manually mark specific terms and easily generate upload files for adding keywords

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author João M
January 2017

Search Terms and Excel

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Дмитро Б is correct;

@João M - I export the search terms I am interested in and compare them with the current list of active keywords.