AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search Term Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Community,

I ran a STR for one of my car dealerships and I saw the Search Term - mustang 2015 (broad match) on the report. It converted 5 times in the last 30 days, with a low conversion cost.  The keyword associated to this Search Term is BMM. +2015 +Mustang.

My question is since I have the keyword 2015 Mustang BMM in the campaign, do I/should I add mustang 2015 as a keyword in this ad group/campaign?  Based on how BMM works, it should catch anything that has 2015 and Mustang in them, so do I really need additional keywords in my ad group/campaign?

If I should add mustang 2015, should I add it as separate phrase and exact matches?  And if I did add them, would it hurt or benefit the campaign?

Thanks.

Gary

2 Expert replyverified_user

Search Term Report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gary,

It depends on all the other search terms that this keyword is getting. Keep in mind that many that get impressions but not clicks won't be listed.

If it is converting, make an exact match so that you can control its bids and measure conversions better.

Search Term Report

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Gary A,

Yes I agree with @RobSkelton, you should add this term as a exact match type in a campaign with different ad group. Make add this term as negative exact match in BMM match type ad group, so that it will not cannibalize.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Search Term Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the feedback.  I was going to do just that, but wanted to see what others had seen and/or experienced.

Search Term Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rakesh,

Per your suggestion, would you just add another ad group, for this term, to the current campaign or put it in a new campaign?

Thank you.

Search Term Report

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

If this is a "premium term", then consider putting it into it's own campaign, and make sure you are accruing 100% of the potential impression share for the premium campaign. If the exact underlying SQ generates the majority of the conversions throughout the entire account, then you want to make sure you can allocate as much budget as necessary to that term. If it's in an adgroup within a campaign, then other terms could pull impressions, and you may lose conversions as a result of a limited budget.

As for BMM - Yes. Any variations of the term which includes 2015 and Mustang, in any order, would (potentially) trigger an impression for the BMM term +2015 +Mustang. Because this is broad match, you may get some completely unrelated queries as well. So, definitely keep an eye on the SQ report, and make sure to add any obvious negatives in the broadest match type possible.

Tom