Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search Term Query Triggering different Keyword

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I have keyword "movers & packers in delhi" in one ad group. QS for Keyword is 8 & Bid is Rs. X

In another adgroup i have keyword " movers & packers in delhi". QS is 6 & Bid is Rs. X -2.

The search Query is : movers & packers in delhi

Google report shows that against this search query "movers & packers " is triggering

I have been told by Google customer care, smaller keyword can be triggered. I am not satsified with the answer.

Also pl tell me if the keword is long , should we keep it in exact mtach like the above keyword i have i.e. movers & packers in delhi

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Term Query Triggering different Keyword

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Since they are in different ad groups, you can set a negative exact match for [servo voltage stabilizer manufacturers in delhi] in the ad group with "servo voltage stabilizer." That should help the system understand how to prioritize between the two ad groups. If there's enough impression volume, just go ahead and change "servo voltage stabilizer manufacturers in delhi" to [servo voltage stabilizer manufacturers in delhi]. It's such a long-tail keyword I imagine it is highly unlikely that there are many other variants. (You can find out whether your keyword is triggered by a particular match type more often by segmenting keywords by match type)

Re: Search Term Query Triggering different Keyword

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

This is a big topic, that could be discussed at length, for hours...Smiley Surprised
If you run a search on the community for "keywords competing", you will, literally, get hundreds of discussions;
Generally speaking, the keyword with the highest ad rank would trigger the ad;

There are various methods to avoid KW competition. The most common: bidding higher on "exact match" keywords and lower on "broad match", and  using negative keywords in exact mach in the "broad match KW ad-group";
Also remember  that this strategy (of "splitting keywords by match type") requires a an ad-copy "tightly themed" to the keywords. (i.e an ad-copy highly relevant, since an exact mach KW triggered the ad.) 

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’