3.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search Term Keyword added as keyword

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

It is advised by Google that ad keywords from your search term report as it helps google trigger it in SERP result page top position. But whenever i add any keywords it got added as default broad therefore it triggers lots of junk clicks on it. What is the strategy in this case?

Should i add keywords from search term report as exact match type? Or else strategy will be better?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes, whenever you are adding new keyword, you should consider match type. Broad match triggers irrelevant searches, so it is good to consider bmm, phrase or exact match type. I prefer to add converting search queries as exact match.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amit,

Yes match types are key here as it might mean that you will be potentially adding in keywords which could conflict with other ad groups. When you're looking at the search terms report I'd advise prioritising converting user search terms first as these will be the most beneficial to the campaign. Anyone can add user search terms in but it's the conversions that really matter. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Amit,

The search term report shows the search queries for people who clicked on your ad, and some of those that viewed your ad and didn't click.

Usually you only add search queries as keywords if they have demonstrated value to you. That would be creating a conversion. I typically wait until a query has had 2 conversions before adding it. Then I would add it as an exact, and give it its own ad group and ads.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Neha Gupta @RobSkelton

In my account 2 years search term report I have found 40 keywords that gives me conversion rest gives traffic only. So, can i run those 40 fruitful keywords in exact match types. And if i does so traffic reduces. What will be the best strategy in that case?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

If you keep your existing keywords running, adding the new exact keywords won't reduce your impressions or clicks, it can only increase them.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Amit k: Here you also need to consider that your keywords do not conflict with each other. So If you are adding converted search queries as exact match in new adgroup  with the most specific ads and competitive bid. You can add these queries as exact negative in your other adgroups. So these queries will be triggered from this specified adgroup only. And traffic will not reduce as other keywords will trigger for new queries.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Neha Gupta
So you mean to put keywords from search term report in new adgroup instead of current one? Or can i make an adgroup that comprises 40 search term report keywords? 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

If your keywords fits with the theme of current adgroup, you can add them in current adgroup. Else create a new adgroup.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Neha Gupta

I have used Triangulation method for these 3 keywords and ran in phrase only but has not worked. 

In Broad MM, phrase and exact as negative. In phrase exact as negative.(triangulation method). Could you please help me out in using these 3 keywords in better way. How can i use 3 keywords so they get most traffic and cover all related keywords as well. What strategy will be better in this case? 

Exact

[Ivr]

[Ivr number]

[Ivr service]

Phrase

“Ivr"

“Ivr number”

“Ivr service”

BMM

+Ivr

+Ivr +number

+Ivr +service